Subject: Mold

Mold

From: Merle von Wettberg <mvonwettberg>
Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2001
The following was posted on CIRCPLUS and is reproduced here without
the knowledge or consent of the author

    From: Katie Hovanic <katieh [at] clackamas__cc__or__us>
    Date: Monday, May 14, 2001 12:13 PM
    To: circplus [at] listserv__boisestate__edu
    Subject: Need some quick responds about mold

    We are finding what we think is mold on some of our books.  We
    want to go through the collection and pull out the offending
    books.  Our problem is deciding what is mold, what is just dust
    and what might be just black ink. On a  lot of the books it
    looks as though the tops of the pages where inked in black but
    sides and bottoms are white.  Is this a common practice to ink
    the top?

    My question is does anyone know a quick easy test that can be
    done to determine if mold is present or not?

    Katie Hovanic
    Circulation Coordinator
    Clackamas Community College

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 15, 2001