Subject: Infrared cameras

Infrared cameras

From: Noelle Ocon <nocon>
Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2001
    author.

The North Carolina Museum of Art is close to purchasing a new
infrared camera system, the Inframetrics/FLIR Infracam.  Although I
have researched cameras for the last three years, I must give
significantly more justification for this choice, and we have to
look closer at other systems and other museums prior to approval.
Please email me at nocon [at] ncmamail__dcr__state__nc__us and let me know
what camera your institution is using, especially if you have the
FLIR.  I would also like to know what institutions are using the
Sensors Unlimited or the Mitsubishi.  A brief explanation of why you
chose your system would be much appreciated as well. Thank you,

Noelle Ocon
Assistant Conservator of Paintings
North Carolina Museum of Art

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 15, 2001