Subject: Watercolors

Watercolors

From: Valerie Lee <gouetva>
Date: Monday, May 14, 2001
We would like to know if anybody has done any aging tests on current
Winsor and Newton watercolors. We are using them for inpainting and
we are concerned by their light fastness. We could get only general
information on their stability overtime and are particularly
interested in obtaining further details. We wish to know specific
color changes recorded after stated length of time and conditions
under which the experiments were performed.

Valerie Lee
Assistant conservator
Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M.Sackler Gallery
Smithsonian Institution
Washington DC 2056-0707

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 15, 2001