Subject: Protective shoes

Protective shoes

From: Karen Potje <kpotje>
Date: Monday, May 7, 2001
Isobel Griffin <igriffin [at] nts__org__uk> writes

>We will soon be opening a very fragile historic house to the public,
>and would like to obtain some protective shoes for visitors to wear
>over or instead of their outdoor shoes. Can anyone recommend a
>particular type, preferably with details of the supplier?

You might contact the Netherlands Architecture Institute in Rotterdam
(+31 10 4401200). I recently visited their "Sonneveld House", a
pristine restoration of a Dutch functionalist house from 1933. On
entering, visitors were supplied with very sturdy cloth overshoes.

Karen Potje
Head, Conservation/Preservation
Canadian Centre for Architecture
1920, rue Baile