Subject: Reformatting motion picture film

Reformatting motion picture film

From: Roxanna Herrick <roxanna>
Date: Monday, April 30, 2001
We at Washington University are in the process of setting up a film
archive.  The facility has not yet been built, and the materials are
being housed elsewhere.  Some of these films are exhibiting signs of
vinegar syndrome, and will need, at the very least, to be stored in
a separate area.

Can anyone on the list advise me as to how reformatting of such
films is done, and maybe an estimate of the cost?  This is a new
area for us.

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 1, 2001