Subject: un-du Adhesive Remover

un-du Adhesive Remover

From: Jack C. Thompson <tcl>
Date: Saturday, April 28, 2001
Whitney Baker <wbaker [at] pop__uky__edu> writes

>On behalf of an archivist friend, I would like to know if anyone has
>any technical information on un-du Adhesive Remover
><URL:http://www.un-du.com/>.  This product has been touted to
>"temporarily neutralize" adhesives and then evaporate, leaving no
>staining.  It's been advertised widely in the scrapbooking and
>genealogy communities and is purported to be photo-safe.  Does
>anyone know what solvent is in this product?

Although I am not familiar with un-du adhesive remover, when I wish
to learn something about the essential properties of a product I
look it up in a current edition of: Clinical Toxicology of
Commercial Products.  This is generally better than checking out the
MSDS of a product, because it is designed for physicians who may
have to quickly deal with inadvertent poisoning.

The copy I have near my desk is not current, so I am unable to
access the solvent data you request.

In this vein, Sax's Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials is
useful, as is, Hazardous Materials Reference Book: Cross Reference
by Daniel J. and Julie A. Davis, and Lange's Handbook of Poisoning

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, OR  97217