Subject: BPG session on paint consolidation

BPG session on paint consolidation

From: Daria Keynan <dkeynan>
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2001
The BPG has arranged a discussion group on the subject of paint
consolidation moderated by Eric Hansen and Daria Keynan. The session
is scheduled for the afternoon of June 2 during the AIC conference,
and is open to both objects and paper conservators. In preparation
for this session we would like to invite those interested in
attending to suggest topics and raise problematic issues. We would
like to hear primarily about broader issues of concern to our
colleagues, such as problems with particular types of media or media
structures, repeated problems arising from the working habits or
particular artists or types of art etc. rather than specific case
studies that may be of less interest to the general group.If,
however, a case study illustrates a larger problem we may be able to
use it to open a discussion on the topic. If you would like to offer
suggestions, complain about your consolidation problems, unburden
yourself of your latest conservation (consolidation only!) nightmare
please contact us at dkeynan [at] aol__com or ehansen [at] getty__edu We hope to
have a lively discussion and the more conservators who contribute,
the more interesting it will be.

                  Distributed: Friday, April 27, 2001