Subject: Paleo-Bond

Paleo-Bond

From: Adrienne F. King <afebk>
Date: Friday, April 20, 2001
Diana Komejan <dandi [at] tallships__ca> writes

>Does anyone have any information of an adhesive called Paleo-Bond?
>Specific it has been recommended as a filler and adhesive for
>Mammoth Ivory. Is this an appropriate adhesive?

Several years ago, I had the chance to used Paleo-Bond on several
types of dinosaur fossils.  The general conclusion of our lab, the
paleontology lab at Southern Methodist University, was that it was
very expensive super glue. As I recall, it dissolved easily in
acetone, but there was also a specific Paleo-Bond solvent available
(I don't remember what that was.)  We went back to using super glue
when we ran out of Paleo-Bond.  There was a slower-drying formula
available, which I imagine could be helpful in some instances.

Adrienne F. King
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Visual Arts
University of North Texas