Subject: Textiles

Textiles

From: Roeland Stulemeijer <cdnusm>
Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2001
A few questions came up when we where doing a condition check on our
South East Asian textile collection. I hope that textile
Conservators can help me with my queries.

Is there a possibility to remove alcohol marker from textile? How
does one remove creases from waxed textiles? Is there a way to clean
textiles in a non-abrasive manner?

Roeland Stulemeijer
Conservator
National University of Singapore Museums
+65 874 8817
Fax: +65 778 3738
10 Kent Ridge Crescent
Singapore 119260