Subject: Niello

Niello

From: Samantha Higgs <higgssj>
Date: Tuesday, April 17, 2001
I'm currently writing a dissertation, as part of my undergraduate
archaeological conservation degree, on the effect that cleaning
agents, used for copper and silver, have on niello.  I've read a
couple of reports on niello that have mentioned the possibility that
niello can partially convert to silver chloride.  Has anyone found
anything further with regard to this?

Samantha Higgs
Cardiff University, Wales

                 Distributed: Thursday, April 19, 2001