Subject: Bread

Bread

From: Erin Quinn <quinne>
Date: Monday, April 16, 2001
The interpreters at my site are asking whether they can make and
display "museum" bread to give a more realistic feel in our historic
houses.  They do not have a recipe for this, so I am not even sure
what exactly we would be dealing with.  They tell me that you bake
it like regular bread, but it is then coated with something to
protect it from pest infestation.  I am hesitant to even proceed
with it because I can't imagine the protective coating being good
for being near  museum objects.  So, I am wondering if any of you
have heard of "museum" bread, what the recipe might be and whether
it is recommended for use in museums or not.

Erin Quinn
Collections Coordinator
City of Greeley Museums
919 7th Street