Subject: Paintings on softwood

Paintings on softwood

From: Jevon Thistlewood <jevonthistlewood>
Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2001
I am currently conserving a series of English seventeenth century
panel paintings on softwood. The paintings were originally hung
together as part of a large decorative scheme. I would be grateful
for any information concerning the original appearance of the backs
of such panels. In particular I would be interested in references to
any contemporary instructions which describe the treatment of the
backs of 17th English and Dutch panels.

Jevon Thistlewood,
67 Castle Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5NX.
+44 1295 711147

                  Distributed: Friday, April 13, 2001