Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Emily O'Reilly <emily_gilbert>
Date: Monday, April 9, 2001
I know there has been much discussion on this list and others about
data loggers and I have been reading and following avidly, as I too
have been trying to find one to suit our needs. After much
researching I now have on trial a Gemini 'Tinyview' data logger.

So far I have found it very easy to use, the software was simple to
install and it was very straightforward to set up the logger. It
seems great value price wise and is also quite compact. With the
Tinyview you get a LCD display panel which constantly takes readings
alternating between temperature and humidity, I am hoping to use
this for taking instant readings once a week in our various areas.

It just all seems too easy and too-good-to-be true. Has anyone else
out there used this system?? They are available in the UK, USA,
Australia so probably the rest of the world.

Emily O'Reilly
Conservator
State Records NSW
Sydney