Subject: Conservation management software

Conservation management software

From: Bronwyn Officer <bronwyn.officer>
Date: Friday, April 6, 2001
We are currently reviewing the database system for the heritage
collections of the National Library of New Zealand and I am
interested to find out what other institutions/archives/museums are
using to manage their conservation needs.

    *   Do you have an integrated conservation module to generate
        condition/treatment reports etc? If so what system/software
        manages your cataloguing/archival descriptions?

    *   Are there any off the shelf conservation management
        products suitable for a large collection?

The technical requirements of the new system are ODBC compliance and
Oracle compatibility.

Bronwyn Officer
Senior Sound Conservator
Conservation Services