Subject: Botanical materials

Botanical materials

From: Anna Meehan <ameehan>
Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2001
I would be grateful for suggestions and advice regarding the
conservation of pressed dried flowers and plants.  A colleague of
mine has been asked to display a collection of loose pressed wild
flowers and plants and would like to 'enhance' their appearance for
display.  They are dull looking, brittle and in some cases petals
are falling off.  Is there any way pressed flowers can be revived a
little?  I would welcome any comments and recommendations.

Anna Meehan
Tipperary S.R. County Museum,
Ireland

                  Distributed: Tuesday, April 3, 2001