Subject: Dust cloths

Dust cloths

From: Ellin Burke <eburke>
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2001
I have received a sample of a product called "DustWizard" from
Advanced Cleaning Technologies in Wilmington, Delaware. They claim
it is a dust cloth "made of microdenier fiber that has a dust
collecting static charge, they require no chemicals or sprays".  Has
anyone used these or have any information about them?  I am
interested in their safety for use with sculpture (wood, marble,
various metals), gilt frames, and furniture.

Ellin Burke
Collections Manager
The Museum of the City of New York

                  Distributed: Tuesday, April 3, 2001