Subject: Mounting large flags

Mounting large flags

From: Debbie L. Wallsmith <deborah_wallsmith>
Date: Monday, March 26, 2001
We have recently been given the task of mounting/framing several
very large flags (as big as 6 x 9 feet).  Our budget cannot be
stretched to cover the services of an expert and we have access to
limited technology.  The flags are all Civil War era cotton flags
and are in relatively good condition.  We would like to find a
method that does not require special technology or hard to find
materials.  Any suggestions?

Debbie L. Wallsmith, Ph.D.
Curator of Collections
GA DNR Parks and Historic Sites