Subject: Fluorescent tubes

Fluorescent tubes

From: Peter Krantz <bkfndrs>
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2001
We are currently building a workshop for the restoration of books
and paper objects. We require the appropriate fluorescent tubes
which minimize UV release.

We have researched a number of suppliers.  Some of the tubes come
with moulded UV absorbent plastic sleeves, whilst others are just
the tubes which purportedly emit low UV.  On the other hand, one can
simply purchase sleeves from Conservation suppliers.

We should appreciate advise from any DistList members who may have
experience in this area.

Peter Krantz.
Book Restorations
Sydney, Australia