Subject: Dust cloths

Dust cloths

From: Claudia Stall <cstall>
Date: Thursday, March 29, 2001
Sean Harrison <seanh [at] emplive__com> writes

>Has anyone conducted any tests on the stability of Swiffer brand
>anti-static dusting cloths ingredients from Procter and Gamble, or
>similar products out there?

Also available are two brands of woven fabric cloths, 3M (Scotch
Brite, I believe) and Mystic Maid, that use the texture of the
material and water to clean surfaces.  I especially liked the Mystic
Maid although it is expensive.  Check out their web site.  It is
used wet and wrung out as much as possible then it will clean almost
any hard surface.  It does a great job on mirrors with no going back
to dry as it dries streak free.  I have a lot of mirrors and it
works great on those and every other thing I've tried it on.  Both
items are machine washable.  No chemicals or static.

Claudia Stall
Head, Collection Preservation Unit
San Diego State University Library
and Information Access