Subject: Position at National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside

Position at National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside

From: Samantha Sportun <sculpture>
Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2001
Sculpture Conservator
Sculpture and Inorganics Department
National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside (NMGM)
Salary UKP13,400

National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside (NMGM)
<URL:http://www.nmgm.org.uk> is responsible for the management of 8
institutions containing outstanding collections of national
importance in the areas of art, history and science.

We are looking for a Sculpture Conservator to work in our Award
Winning Conservation Centre. The main duties of the post will focus
on the conservation of NMGM's large and varied collections of
sculpture displayed at Liverpool Museum, Walker Art Gallery and the
Lady Lever Art Gallery in Port Sunlight.  At times, there will be a
need for the postholder to work on  projects involving contract work
for other museums, churches and heritage bodies. The main
collections at NMGM are Classical marbles, 19th century bronzes,
marbles and plasters, and some ancient Egyptian sculptures. NMGM
also possess a small collection of oriental sculptures.

It is essential to have good craft skills in sculpture, together
with a proven track record of practical sculpture conservation.
Excellent management, communication and organisational skills are
also essential requirements for this post. A Conservation
qualification, experience of working with contractors, and knowledge
of Microsoft Office would be an advantage.

The closing date for receipt of completed applications, will be
Monday 16 April 2001. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 2 May
2001

For further details and an application form, please send a postcard
with your name and address to: NMGM, Human Resources Department, PO
Box 33, 127 Dale Street, Liverpool L69 3LA. Please state clearly the
post for which you are applying.

NMGM is working towards equality of opportunity in all that we do.

Sam Sportun
Sculpture, Conservation Centre
Liverpool

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 28, 2001