Subject: Ralph Blakelock

Ralph Blakelock

From: Charlotte Seifen <charlotte.seifen>
Date: Monday, March 26, 2001
I would be grateful for any information regarding the "Ralph
Blakelock Research Project" undertaken in 1969 at the University of
Nebraska Art Galleries in conjunction with a Blakelock exhibition
organized by the University of California, Santa Barbara.  As part
of this project a large body of Blakelock's paintings were examined
by a Mr. F. duPont Cornelius (conservator for the Sheldon Memorial
Art Gallery), a Mr. Ben Johnson (conservator for LACMA) and a Mr.
Roth.  The project was still ongoing in 1971.  I was unable to learn
anything further regarding this project; nothings appears to have
been published--possibly the project is still ongoing? Any
information would be greatly appreciated.

Charlotte Seifen
Asst. Paintings Conservator
High Museum Conservation Center
1280 Peachtree Street, NE