Subject: Insulating shipping container

Insulating shipping container

From: Michelle C. Messinger <mcmes>
Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2001
I need some advice on how to insulate several metal shipping
containers which were purchased without insulation and are to be
used for the temporary storage (months to longer) for wagon parts
and wagons. The items to be stored are freighters, made from wood
and metal/iron. I am concerned with the offgassing from the usage of
commercial products used for the insulation of ships.

I would like some advice on products, and of course on costs
involved. The containers will be outdoors, under a canopy of trees
and don't have any type of ventilation system.

Michelle C. Messinger
Curator
State of California
Dept. of Parks and Rec.