Subject: BPG session on board reattachment

BPG session on board reattachment

From: Ethel Hellman <hellman>
Date: Thursday, March 22, 2001
At this years' AIC, one of the BPG discussion groups offered will be
on board reattachment. Co-moderators Maria Fredericks and Ethel
Hellman are hoping that AIC members will make sure that every
reattachment technique known to conservation is represented in the
discussion. We will provide time, space, and equipment for slides,
overhead transparencies, newsprint easels, and display of models. We
ask that participants plan to share their favorite and/or most
effective method(s) of board reattachment (with or without a demo
and/or audio-visual aids). A lively discussion of our experiences as
to the longevity of the various techniques, problems encountered,
aesthetic considerations, functionality, the receptivity of curators
to the variety of reattachment methods, etc., is inevitable.

Whether you are willing to make a short presentation yourself, want
to send slides, models, etc., or just want to make sure every
technique is considered, please contact one or more of the following
BPG members who have agreed to serve as "point person" for each of
the planned segments. These people have agreed to organize the
presentations in each topic area, and are willing to present
information supplied, if requested to do so.

    Board Slotting
    Ethel Hellman (hellman [at] fas__harvard__edu)

    Board Tacketing
    Mary Baughman (m.c.boffman [at] mail__utexas__edu)

    Japanese Paper Techniques
    Chela Metzger (chela [at] gslis__utexas__edu)

    Other
    Pamela Barrios (pam_barrios [at] byu__edu)

Thanks for your participation. We'll see you in Dallas,

Ethel E. Hellman
Collections Conservator for Widener Library
Widener Library - Room D-25
Harvard University
Cambridge, MA  02138
617-495-3494