Subject: Group purchase of infrared camera

Group purchase of infrared camera

From: Brad Epley <bepley>
Date: Monday, March 5, 2001
    author.

The Menil Collection has arranged to purchase a short wave infrared
camera manufactured by FLIR systems.  (The camera was formerly
available from Inframetrics, which was subsequently bought by FLIR
Systems, and is in use in several museums in the US.)

FLIR, however, will only commit to a manufacturing run when they
receive five "non cancelable" purchase orders.  I am attempting now
to locate and consolidate individuals or organizations who are
familiar with the camera and interested in purchasing one.  If this
is the case, I would recommend proceeding now rather than later,
because we have a group of institutions prepared to place orders,
pending commitments from two more purchasers.

I would be happy to discuss the current prospects of purchasing the
camera with anyone interested.  I would additionally recommend
contacting the company directly so that they are aware of the
interest and potential market available in the field of
conservation. Contact either Andrew Owen or Steve McLaughlin of FLIR
Systems at 978-901-8887.

                 Distributed: Thursday, March 22, 2001