Subject: Erich Heckel

Erich Heckel

From: Caroline St.George <caroline.vsg>
Date: Sunday, February 25, 2001
For the purposes of my diploma work in conservation and restoration
of easel paintings at the University of Cologne (Germany), I am very
interested in experiences and examinations of paintings, made by the
German Expressionist Erich Heckel or by one of the other members of
the artist group "Die Brucke".

Unfortunately there is very little literature on this subject.
Therefore every conservation report and observations are important
to me. I already examined four of Heckels early paintings belonging
to the collection of the Museum Ludwig in Cologne. The results are
quite interesting, specially in terms of an original varnish layer
found on one painting. I would very much like to discuss my
experiences with other conservators being in this subject.

Caroline von Saint-George
Student of conservation of easel paintings/ Cologne
Ubierring 26-28
50678 Koln (Cologne)
Germany
+49 221 312873