Subject: Polyester webbing

Polyester webbing

From: Martin R. Carbone <mrcinc>
Date: Saturday, February 17, 2001
Dominique Cocuzza <cocuzzad [at] nmaicrc__si__edu> writes

>I am inquiring about heat activated polyester webbing previously
>sold through Archivart. It is now being produced through Bostik as a
>Sharnet product. The webbing is also available in polyolefin and
>EVA. We are considering using the webbing for storage mounts as a
>heat activated adhesive for bonding fabric to corrugated board. Has
>anyone had experience using these products or performed any testing
>to determine their long-term stability or off-gassing potential?

We have some thermally activated sheet adhesive that was developed
for mounting photos.

It was formerly called Dri-Tac and I believe it was originally made
by Kodak, who may still be making it. We buy it from a distributor
and are selling it at retail to box designers and craftspeople.

I am fairly certain it was designed for archival use--but I do not
have hard technical data on that.

See a basic description at
<URL:http://www.papershops.com/papershops/materials/irontight.htm>.
If asked, I will probably be able to dig up the complete
specifications

Can you send me the address of Bostik group that sells these adhesive
sheets? It sounds like we should be carrying their products.

    author.

Martin R. Carbone
Boxstar-Boxstore
1227 De La Vina St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
805-965-5574
Fax: 805-965-2414

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 21, 2001