Subject: Standards for copy prints and negatives

Standards for copy prints and negatives

From: Katy E. Rawdon <krawdon>
Date: Friday, February 16, 2001
I am currently working on an archival processing project for a
collection containing a large number of early 20th century black and
white prints and negatives. We are planning to have copy negatives
and prints made either in house or by an outside vendor, and we
would like to find out if there are any standards available for
producing archival-quality (i.e. as permanent as possible) copy
prints and negatives.

Katy E. Rawdon
Mellon Archives Project Archivist
Philadelphia Museum of Art