Subject: Karibari

Karibari

From: Valinda Carroll <vcarroll>
Date: Friday, February 16, 2001
We are planning to build a karibari drying board for our paper lab.
We have found someone to make the framework with the traditional
joinery.  We are currently looking for a source for kakishibu, the
fermented persimmon coating.  Does anyone know of a U.S. supplier?
Is it feasible to substitute a pre-made persimmon-coated paper?

Valinda Carroll
Marshall Steel Postgraduate Intern
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

                 Distributed: Friday, February 16, 2001