Subject: Aluminum honeycomb

Aluminum honeycomb

From: Bill Low <wlow>
Date: Friday, February 16, 2001
Are there any standards for specific types of honeycomb aluminum to
be used in the manufacture of art storage units? I have seen this
material used in the construction of lightweight "file" units for
the storage of large scale works on paper and, budget allowing,
would like to do the same. There seem to be many types of honeycomb
core/sheeting combinations and I was wondering if there are any I
should specifically avoid.

Bill Low
Bates College Museum of Art

                 Distributed: Friday, February 16, 2001