Subject: Tray decorated with butterfly wings

Tray decorated with butterfly wings

From: Judy Greenfield <judygreenfield>
Date: Thursday, February 1, 2001
I would appreciate any information about an artifact decorated with
butterfly wings. It consists of a wooden tray, approximately 2 1/2
feet long by 1 foot wide. Portions of butterfly wings had been
positioned on the bottom of the tray, to create a colorful,
intricate pattern. Plate glass was placed over the butterfly wing
design. The glass had broken and before I remove it for replacement,
I'd like to know how the wings were secured in place, perhaps glued
or pressure mounted? Any ideas?

Judy Greenfield

                 Distributed: Tuesday, February 6, 2001