Subject: Fume extraction unit

Fume extraction unit

From: Ylva Player-Dahnsjo <y.m.t.playerdahnsjo>
Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2001
    author.

We are having a lot of problems with a company called ASTEC,
operating out of Weston-super-Mare in the UK, who supplied us with a
purpose-built solvent fume extraction unit 4 years ago. It has never
worked properly, and the company has simply made a show of
attempting to put things right, while in fact biding their time with
various excuses until the unit was out of warranty.

I would welcome details from anyone with similar experiences, as I
understand there are many other unhappy clients. I am also happy to
pass on the details of the whole sorry affair, to prevent others
having to go through the same saga. I do not recommend this company.

Ylva Player-Dahnsjo
Chief Conservator
Library Conservation Unit
University of Dundee