Subject: Sepiolite

Sepiolite

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Saturday, January 27, 2001
Beth Richwine <richwineb [at] nmah__si__edu> writes

>I have been reading Susan Buys and Victoria Oakley's book
>Conservation and Restoration of Ceramic (Butterworth, 1998) and they
>mention using Sepiolite clay for poulticing.  I would like to try it
>but have been unable to find it in any of the catalogs we currently
>have in the lab.  I understand it is hydrated magnesium trisilicate.

We carry Sepiolite and perhaps just as importantly to those wanting
to conduct similar trials we sell the product in containers from as
little as 500 gm. Technical details and Material Safety Data sheets
are available on request from either of our two plants:

    Oxford, England
    +44 1865 747755
    Fax: +44 1865 747035

    Springfield, America