Subject: Mold on carpet

Mold on carpet

From: Jessica Fletcher <jfletcher>
Date: Thursday, January 25, 2001
We recently experienced minor flooding under the floor carpets in
the elevator lobby of one of our galleries.  As a result, mildew is
starting to grow.  This is not a problem that we normally encounter
as Denver's climate is so arid.  I would greatly appreciate any
information on carpet cleaners/disinfectants that will kill the
mildew, but not harm the carpet or pose a threat to the visitors and
art in the galleries.

Jessica Fletcher
Assistant Conservator
Denver Art Museum