Subject: Lekythoi

Lekythoi

From: Nickan Eriks <missvhe>
Date: Monday, January 15, 2001
I am a third year student in Conservation and Restoration and I am
currently undertaking my dissertation on deterioration and
consolidation methods used for the lifting off surface decoration of
the white-ground lekythoi. I am at an early stage and have been
trying to find information on the technology behind it and perhaps a
recipe for the red and the white clay (slip). I would be more than
grateful for any valuable information regarding the matter.

Veronika Eriksson
BA III Conservation and Restoration
De Montfort University, Lincoln
UK