Subject: Fiber optic spectrophotometer

Fiber optic spectrophotometer

From: Allison McGuire Olson <aolson>
Date: Friday, January 12, 2001
My institution has purchased an Ocean Optic fiber optic
spectrophotometer.  I am beginning  experiments to evaluate its
ability to detect color change in paper artifacts that result from
exposure to light. I am interested in  what other institutions are
using the machine for, the problems they have encountered, and the
protocols they are using to achieve reliable results.   Any comments
or suggestions about the Ocean Optics spectrophotometer would be
greatly appreciated.

Allison McGuire Olson
Paper Conservator
US Holocaust Memorial Museum