Subject: Painted textiles

Painted textiles

From: Sofia Carlsson <tuskaft>
Date: Friday, January 5, 2001
I am a third year student in textile conservation, with a special
interest in painted textiles (silk). As I am looking for
barriers/shelters for painted and/or gilded areas during wet
treatment, I would like to hear from others with experience of this.
Most of interest would be any remarks on the use of Dodecane, as
used in paper conservation. We have done some tests on fragile
gilded areas, and any thoughts on the matter would be most
appreciated.

Sofia Carlsson
Textile Conservation Programme
Gothenburg University