Subject: Sampling from ceramics

Sampling from ceramics

From: Tony Sigel <asigel>
Date: Thursday, January 4, 2001
We are seeking information on techniques and tooling for extracting
very small glaze and ceramic body samples from ceramics. We have in
the past used diamond core bits and rotary disc saws, and were
hoping to learn of smaller, finer tools and techniques with a lower
impact on the object. Any advice would be appreciated.

Tony Sigel
Harvard University Art Museums
32 Quincy Street
Cambridge, MA 02138