Subject: A death

A death

From: Jayne Holt <holt.jayne>
Date: Friday, December 29, 2000
It is with great sadness that I report that Sidney Williston passed
away on Friday, December 22, 2000.  Sid bought Mario's Art Shop, in
Washington, DC, in 1960 and began a long career as an objects
conservator in private practice. He was a Fellow in the AIC and an
active member of the Washington area Conservation Guild since its
inception.  Many practicing conservators passed through the doors of
Mario's over the past forty years and will remember Sid's strong
commitment to conservation ethics and an understanding of materials
science.  Sid was dedicated to keeping up with the current
literature and insisted that all his employees do likewise.  He was
generous in passing on his knowledge to others and always curious to
learn new techniques.  Those of us who had the privilege of working
for him will remember him fondly and I hope you will join me in
raising a Chips A'Hoy in his memory.

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 3, 2001