Subject: Concrete sculpture

Concrete sculpture

From: Barry Knight <barry>
Date: Monday, December 21, 1998
Christopher Weeks <christopher [at] wsconserv__freeserve__co__uk> writes

>Isabelle Leirens <isabelle.leirens [at] kikirpa__be> writes
>
>>Facing a case of an outside sculpture built in armed concrete
>Have you investigated:
>
>    1.  Cathodic protection (there is a paper, the reference for
>        which I forget, by W. Martin of English Heritage and others
>        relating the case study of the Inigo Jones gateway at
>        Chiswick House London)

The paper referred to by Chris Weeks is

    Blackney, K & Martin, W, The application of cathodic protection
    to historic buildings: buried metal cramp conservation in the
    Inigo Jones gateway, Chiswick House grounds, London, in English
    Heritage Research Transactions, 1, Metals, 1998, 83 - 94.

Barry Knight
English Heritage
London

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 22, 1998