Subject: Paranarium nut paste

Paranarium nut paste

From: George Bailey <george.bailey>
Date: Monday, December 21, 1998
Karen Abend <tbmcon [at] interport__net> writes

>I am conducting research at the Brooklyn Museum of Art on Oceanic
>material from Malakula, Vanuatu, Melanesia and am particularly
>interested in a vegetable paste, sometimes referred to as paranarium
>nut paste

My colleague Alayne Alvis asked me to send this reply:

    If I recall correctly, this article includes analysis of the
    paste:

        Kenndler, E et. al. (1988) 'Technical Examination and
        Restoration of a Ceremonial Shield from the Solomon
        Islands.' Studies in Conservation. 33 (3): 115-125.

    Alayne Alvis
    Objects Conservator
    Australian War Memorial
    Treloar Centre for Conservation