Subject: IMLS grants

IMLS grants

From: Ramona Duncan-Huse <rduncan>
Date: Monday, December 21, 1998
I congratulate the libraries and museums who qualify for grants
awarded them by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.  Alas,
it is with much consternation that historical societies with rare
collections (yes, we do exist) are not allowed to apply merely
because we are neither museums or libraries.  I have confirmed this
lack of representation time and again over the past few years with
IMLS.   While many projects funded are worthwhile, worthy projects
also exist within the realm of the historical society.

Ramona Duncan-Huse
Head of Conservation
Indiana Historical Society

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 22, 1998