Subject: Source for gas detection ampoules

Source for gas detection ampoules

From: Robson Senior <rsenior>
Date: Tuesday, December 22, 1998
Tim Vitale <tjvitale [at] ix__netcom__com>

>I'm looking for a sources of gas detection ampoules.  Specifically,
>for detecting nitrate outgassing, but for gas detection in general.

Most safety supply houses carry both the detection units and the
ampoules (commonly called Drager tubes) though they will most likely
have to order the ampoules. If you can find a catalogue from one of
the larger companies, it should list the different tubes with their
corresponding measuring (concentration) range. It should be noted
that the tubes do have a specific shelf life so don't order more
than you need.

Robson Senior
National Museum of Science & Technology

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 22, 1998