Subject: BEVA

BEVA

From: Laszlo Cser <laszlo>
Date: Friday, December 18, 1998
Pawel Karaszkiewicz <zekarasz [at] cyf-kr__edu__pl> writes

>I am looking for any information concerning composition, properties
>and usage of following Beva materials, D8S, Gel (all O.F.). We have
>used those materials for investigation of lining adhesives and the
>technical info about them is not available in Poland.

Beva(r) D8 Dispersion is a vinyl acetate ethylene latex emulsion.
The designation 'D8S' is specific to the European formulation.  The
resin mixture is identical but the solvent component is slightly
different from the material produced in the United States.  Its
working properties (both the D8 and D8S) are different from the
Beva(r) 371 Original Formula Solution in that the D8(S) has a
marginally higher molecular weight which allows for an expanded
repertoire of options when considering and implementing unusual or
multiple laminate treatments.

Beva(r) Gel is a water/vegetable based ethylene vinyl acetate latex
compound. It is used for a variety of indications where a
contact/heat set adhesive is required.  Most commonly it is used for
cold linings in combination with Beva(r) Solution or Film as the
preferred separation/barrier layers.  Data sheets and instructions
for use are available from Beva(r) suppliers and distributors.

The Beva(r) Z15 is similar to the D8(S), the only difference being
that a fire retardant chemical was added.  It was developed by
Gustav Berger specifically for the Atlanta Cyclorama and is not
commercially available.

Laszlo Cser
Restorart Inc.
23 Morrow Ave.