Subject: Paranarium nut paste

Paranarium nut paste

From: Karen Abend <tbmcon>
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 1998
I am conducting research at the Brooklyn Museum of Art on Oceanic
material from Malakula, Vanuatu, Melanesia and am particularly
interested in a vegetable paste, sometimes referred to as paranarium
nut paste in the literature, that is utilized  as an over-modelling
material in the fabrication of many objects from this region.  Has
anyone analyzed this material?  I hope to do some compositional
analysis and would also like to find a reference sample from the
tree.  Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Karen Abend

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 15, 1998