Subject: Aircraft engine

Aircraft engine

From: Pia Olsen <pia.olsen>
Date: Wednesday, December 9, 1998
On behalf of Birgit Sorensen, The Metals Section, The Conservation
Department at The Danish National Museum, I am forwarding this
question:

    The National Museum, Dept. of Conservation has been asked to
    conserve an aircraft engine, presumably from a Spitfire that was
    shut down during the second world war. The engine has to be
    removed from the sea bed due to a bridge construction work. We
    have no experience at all with water logged aircraft engines and
    all pieces of advice will be highly appreciated.

    Birgit Sorensen
    Head of Metal Section
    bev-bis [at] brede__natmus__min__dk
    +45 3347 3545
    Fax: +45 3347 3327

Pia Olsen, Librarian, The Conservation Department
The National Museum of Denmark

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 15, 1998