Subject: Photocopiers

Photocopiers

From: Jeanne Eichelberger <jeichelb>
Date: Wednesday, December 9, 1998
copier for rare books, we're now on our second Xerox, and it's OK.
It's slow, and it doesn't have as many dark-light settings as some
copiers, but it's good enough for most normal purposes, and the
angle of the edge is fine for fragile books that you don't want to
open flat.  It has a pretty generous reduction-enlargement range and
the day-to-day upkeep--replacing toner, dealing with occasional
paper jams in humid weather etc.--is easy enough.  We also use it
for office purposes in Special Collections, and the main drawback
there is that 2-sided copying is cumbersome.  Possible, but really
cumbersome.  All in all, we feel it's pretty good value for money.

Jeanne Eichelberger
Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 15, 1998