Subject: Shelving books spine up

Shelving books spine up

From: Joseph Jones <jjones>
Date: Wednesday, December 2, 1998
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as
    well

Can someone point me to standards, manuals, or guides to good
practice that outline the harmfulness and undesirability of
placing/shelving books with the spine upward? I know this is bad
practice, it's just that I would like some supporting documentation
before I comment on what is being done.

Joseph Jones
University of British Columbia Library

                 Distributed: Tuesday, December 8, 1998