Subject: Identification of photomechanical plate

Identification of photomechanical plate

From: Luis Nadeau <nadeaul>
Date: Sunday, December 6, 1998
Marta Barandiaran <uppbalam [at] lgdx04__lg__ehu__es> writes

>I have bought two silver plates which carry an image etched with
>some kind of photomechanical process. They have been inked and then
>cleaned as you would do to print any etching but the ink has been
>let to dry in the plates, so that you can see the image perfectly.
>The image is made of little dots which are quite irregular.

Several reproduction technologies were developed that made use of a
silver support. Check the following articles in my Encyclopedia of
Printing, Photographic, and Photomechanical Processes (which btw,
has just been reprinted):

    Chromolithography (Italilver)
    Etched Daguerreotype
    Donne's Process