Subject: Preservation of clippings

Preservation of clippings

From: Linda Most <most>
Date: Monday, November 30, 1998
I have in my collection ten storage boxes of newspaper press
clippings which date back to the mid 1980s.  Some are mounted on
bond paper using various types of clear tape and some are filed as
clipped.  We have made the management decision to begin immediate
preservation photocopying of this collection and will probably scan
the copies into digital storage in the near future, but there is a
part of me that hesitates to discard the originals, brittle and
yellow as some are becoming.  Has anyone been through this decision
making process? What have been your conclusions regarding the
keeping of the aging originals along with the preservation
photocopies?

Linda Most
Archivist/Librarian
Kravis Center for the Performing Arts