Subject: Pigment dispersions

Pigment dispersions

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe>
Date: Friday, November 27, 1998
Pete Sixbey <psixbey [at] max__state__ia__us> writes

>... I
>had tried Ciba's Microlith pigments with limited success--it was
>very difficult to dissolve the pigments into the epoxy ...

Just a note for the archives: Ciba's Microlith pigments are designed
for the printing trades. The extremely fine pigment is ground in a
soluble carrier, making it easy to mix into solvent evaporation or
oil-based paints and inks. As a fine art printer I loved its
transparency and ease of use, but the carrier might cause some
problems for conservators.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems &
Forever Yours Bridal Gown Preservation